Sunday, February 11, 2007

Movie Review: The Holiday

I just got back from seeing the movie "The Holiday". This movie stars Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslett, Jude Law, and Jack Black (among others). It was a long movie (approximately 2 hrs 20 minutes), but was very relaxing to watch. Some movies rush through the story, but this movie took it's time. I liked it very much. The acting was very good and the story was well written. It's hard to impress me, movie wise. This was an intelligent movie for adults (18+, because of sexual and adult situations). I would recommend this movie for those who are looking for an escape to the theater. I say this because I felt the plot was not realistic (not in the realm of the possible for the average citizen). However, the average person can relate to the underlying themes of the movie. I won't go into them, lest I spoil the movie for you. If you desire to see a good movie, this is time well spent.

Here is the imdb link to the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457939/

No comments: